Monday, February 28, 2011

Naughty Server

Monday: Secretary *played hooky* / *off*

I haven't posted because life has taken some interesting and time-consuming turns. This month has been a roller coaster of sorts: one that has brought some things to light, and one that has presented me with certain aspects of myself and my personality that I think I'd like to change. I have become a bitter person. I believe I've become jaded. Not just through the service industry. This attitude expands into my personal relationships; consequently, I've been single for four years. I'm trying to make some changes, and make some moves to find happiness in companionship, rather than solitary autonomy. I definitely don't want to give up the independence that I have. I like that I don't have to answer to anybody. But I'm just beginning to admit that I would benefit from having a companion...someone to share experiences with. I don't know. Things happened this month that will never cease to amaze me, and will stay in my memory forever. Details are unimportant, but let's just say that this weekend has left me smiling ear to ear. It's about damn time.
Regardless, my bitterness is not something that is redeemable or endearing. It can be the source of great comedic material, but on a whole, I'm sure it gets old for the people I work with. I am very outspoken, although I do know how to be professional. Sometimes my emotions take over for my professional side and get me into some trouble. I know I've posted about this problem before.
I actually played hooky today, so I have no specific gripes. This weekend is a blur, so I have no server gripes either. Perhaps my smile will last throughout the week...

Tomorrow: Secretary / Server

1 comment:

KV said...

Smiling ear to ear is definitely a good thing - one that you deserve fully! Enjoy, and I hope it lasts! :)