Monday, December 13, 2010

Update, Weekly Forecast, and Christmas Cheer

I will be posting. Just not today. I did work this weekend, and although I did take a couple notes, I don't have them in front of me to jog my memory. I was scheduled four shifts -- as promised! :) Then, I was able to pick up two shifts, so I think everything's going to be okay....hopefully.
In other news: I'm trying desperately not to hate Christmas. I know that sounds like a horrible thing to say, but for me, it's full of stress over money, time, money, and time. There's never any time. There's never enough money. It's a shame, really. I want to go back to the time when Christmas was an honest-to-goodness magical miracle that came to life once a year. It was a time to get together with family and tell the tales of the day's magic. I know that's not what Christmas is really about, but let's be honest here: Christmas has become more so about the tradition that it has forgotten about the purpose itself. At the risk of blaspheming, even the purpose itself is a little skewed. Regardless, it has become a commercialized, Americanized, stressful, and something I've come to dread. Albeit, when the day arrives, and the stresses are forgotten, the memory of the day is what's remembered. I know that. In the moment, in this moment of blogging freedom, I think it's okay for me to voice these holiday grievances. In addition to the traditional dread and stress, my mother has decided to change traditions this year. I'm really okay with it because of the logic and thought that went behind the decision, but I have to admit, it will be weird to not do things the way they've always been done. Even though I'm okay with it, there is a nostalgic emotion that pulls at my heart strings. I know it will be fine, and new traditions will be formed; it'll just take some getting used to.

The wind is howling,
blowing the brittle tree branches.
Tapping and knocking
on my windows and doors,
Mother Nature is bringing
with her flurries
and winds,
brittle, like the trees.

Tuesday: Secretary a.m. / Server p.m.

No comments: