Monday, April 28, 2008

Table 43

While I was taking the order for the 10-top of vegetarians who decided to make their own menu, I was sat with 2 adults and 3 small children at one of my other tables. This family frequents our establishment at least once a week. I actually waited on them last week, and they ran the shit out of me while I was running 7 other tables during mid-shift. So, after I finally got things squared away with the Veggies, I went over to greet the table. My attitude definitely changed upon seeing them. I knew they were going to ask for a million salsas (both with their chips and with their meals), and their children make a horrendous mess! Messier than normal children, that's for sure. It seems to me that these children have a personal vendetta against all waitstaff and have vowed to throw every piece of food, drink, or crayon onto the floor. I was polite--I always am--but I was not overjoyed to be serving them. Tonight was weird because, even though they run the shit out of me, I usually get 20% out of these people. Last week, they left me $6 on $29. This week was different. First, I knew they were going to run me, so I grabbed 3 salsas off the bat. Then, I knew he was going to down his soda, so I brought refills way ahead of time. I also brought their extra salsas for their entrees out before their food arrived--I consider this efficiency. (I was taking care of a 10-top of high-maintenance vegetarians too, don't forget.) They got the same thing they ordered last week, so their bill was exactly the same, and they left me $3 tonight. It did occur to me that I had my manager drop off their 3rd basket of chips, and I asked a co-worker to grab the kiddies their 3rd round of chocolate milks (before dinner). Maybe that's why they didn't tip me though. Who knows? All I know is that I hope there is never a "next time."



In other news: I started my new job today! Again, it's only part-time, so I'll still be trudging away at the restaurant to make ends meet, but I'm happy that I'm moving on. One foot out of the restaurant and in somewhere else! I think this is going to work out nicely. :)

I also want to apologize for the lack of posting lately. Things have been crazy-busy in Bitchy World! ;)

Off tomorrow...Closing Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - congrats on the new job! Hope your first day was excellent!! :)

And poo-poo on table 43!

Tony said...

nothing worse than regulars that don't tip the same way each time! you never know whether to ditch or what...