Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Owe It All to Mother Nature

Today: Secretary (called out!) / *off*

Because of Mother Nature, my working stint has come to a close. After 24 consecutive days working, Mother Nature dumped buckets of snow on us, and I am officially snowed in. I'm sure I could trek my way into work, but considering the ill-preparedness of my state, I refuse to take the time and energy to drive to work when I know the treachery is out there. My state doesn't pre-plan ever. In fact, the college had a one-hour delay last week for freezing rain. It dumps snow balls and everyone's supposed to be in on time?? Forget about it. Before Christmas, we got less than an inch of snow, but because my state doesn't like to fund street clean up it took me 4 hours to get home (a commute that usually takes me 20 minutes). Unreal. Therefore, I've decided to save myself and everyone else the aggravation by just staying home.

Now I don't know what to do with myself....

Tomorrow: Secretary (probably not b/c we're getting more snow / Server (we don't close unless there's a State of Emergency!)

No comments: